Megan Sweetlove is an Adelaide Hills Family Lawyer.
Megan is also a mother, wife, business owner and friend.
She not only understands the challenges associated with trying to juggle so many different things, but also how important it is for things to work well for your own sense of happiness.
She is passionate about helping you communicate effectively with your spouse while you resolve your separation amicably using mediation, collaborative practice or negotiation.
- the decision to separate is difficult and never made easily or quickly;
- you want to understand the process and steps involved once you communicate your decision to separate; and
- how to do it all in a way that minimises the financial and emotional cost to you and your family.
With a careful and considered approach, Megan will provide you with information and advice so you feel confident and empowered to make informed decisions to ensure your separation is as peaceful and respectful as possible.
With over 10 years experience as a family lawyer, including 4 as a FIFO wife – juggling home-life, parenting and a career – Megan has worked with many families in a lot of different situations, including:
- preparing the appropriate legal documents to formalise agreements her clients have reached privately;
- providing legal advice and information to support her clients negotiate an agreement away from the Family Court process; and
- helping families who are already in the Court system navigate their way to a negotiated settlement, minimising the emotional and financial impact associated with the adversarial system.
Megan understands how important it is to preserve your own well-being through separation and works with you, at your pace, explaining the process in a way that is easy to understand – particularly because this is one of the most stressful times you will ever experience.
What happens when you choose Megan as your lawyer?
So what happens when you choose Megan Sweetlove as your lawyer?
- From the outset, Megan will have a short, 15 minute conversation with you on the telephone, or by Skype or FaceTime to gain a general understanding of the help you need and answer any burning questions you need answered immediately. And at no charge. When you are making the decision to trust someone with your most personal information as well as the welfare and future of your family, it’s really important to make sure that person is someone you feel comfortable with. You can book a time for a phone call here.
- You will most likely need more information after that first phone call and so, when you are ready, you can make a fixed price appointment by phone, Skype, FaceTime or in person. During that appointment, you can discuss your goals for your future, and that of your family. Megan can help you identify what your ideal outcome looks like, and what steps you can take to achieve that outcome. By the end of that appointment, you will have a plan for how you are going to resolve your separation so that you and your family can move forward. If you would like to go ahead and make that appointment now, you can book here.
- During your appointment, Megan will talk to you and provide you with information about your separation and your options in plain English, at every step, so that you can make sure you are confident in the decisions you are making about your future. Together, you will agree what the next steps you will take towards resolving your separation amicably.
- In the week following your appointment, Megan will send you a summary of your discussion in that first meeting, and she will also set out the next steps you will take together including her fixed fee proposal for those steps.
Why is Megan an Adelaide Hills Family Lawyer?
Megan is passionate about families and relationships and she believes that for most families, it is really important to redefine your relationship in a positive way, so that you can move forward for the benefit of your children.
Megan believes that part of the process of creating your positive future is to finalise your financial matters is a dignified and respectful way through mediation, collaborative law or negotiation.
With a commitment to resolving parenting or financial matters without litigation, the Adelaide Hills provides the perfect location for a family lawyer, with our office conveniently located in Crafers next door to the Crafers Hotel.
Let our site be your starting point we hope you find some useful information here and if you have some questions or concerns, please get in touch.